As you age, your skin loses its natural ability to bounce-back. When skin cell regeneration slows down, you can notice fine lines, wrinkles, sagging, dark spots, and more. Moisturizers provide your skin with the nutrients it needs to start looking younger and healthier. With so many products out there designed to treat the effects of aging, how do you know which one to try?
We’ve compiled a list of products below to help you find the very best moisturizer for aging skin, no matter what type of skin you have.
1. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer SPF 30
- 1-fluid ounce pump bottle of anti-wrinkle daily retinol face moisturizer for smoother,...
- Anti-wrinkle face moisturizer reduces the look of stubborn wrinkles - including crow's...
- Features a unique combination of Retinol SA, which renews the look of the skin to diminish...
If you’re looking for a moisturizer for aging skin that you can use every day that is also affordable, give the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer a try. It contains hydraulic acid, retinol SA, and a glucose complex that can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, fade age spots, and improve the overall health and radiance of your skin. It also contains SPF 30 to help protect your face from the sun’s harmful rays all day long.
And as a bonus, Neutrogena’s products are easily found in most drugstores for an affordable price of around $16. What’s more, this moisturizer is mild enough to be used by most skin-types as part of a daily routine.
2. Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream
- Firm, lift and brighten the look of your skin
- Leaves your skin instantly feeling soft and more moisturized
- Visibly reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles
Night cream moisturizers are designed to amp up your skin’s regeneration while you sleep and they should be used in combination with a daytime moisturizer. Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Night Cream gives your face an instant softness, and can visibly firm, lift, and brighten the appearance of your skin. For around $30, the cream helps even-out skin tone and reduce fine lines and wrinkles with hydrating ingredients like shea butter and retinyl palmitate. You’ll notice a difference in about 2 weeks, and the hypoallergenic formula is great for all skin-types.
3. Vaseline Intensive Care Mature Skin Rejuvenation Healing Lotion
Petroleum jelly is a classic product that is excellent at keeping your skin hydrated. And there’s no better petroleum jelly-company than Vaseline. Unlike some others on the list, the Vaseline Intensive Care body lotion is designed for every part of your skin, so it can fight aging effects anywhere. It contains vitamin B3 and special PPAR activators that balance dryness, improve your skin’s structure, and fight the effects of aging. For as little as $5 at most drugstores, you can use this moisturizer over and over again. The non-greasy formula can have immediate results.
4. RoC Multi Correxion 5-in-1 Daily Moisturizer
- 1.7-fluid ounce pump bottle of daily anti-aging face moisturizer with SPF 30 to fight the...
- Anti-Wrinkle - Anti-aging moisturizer hydrates dry skin while fighting multiples signs of...
- Hexinol Technology - Formulated with anti-aging Hexinol Technology that helps improve the...
RoC is known for their high-quality products, and if you’re looking for a strong everyday product, you should give the Multi Correxion 5-in-1 Daily Moisturizer a try. It’s the best moisturizer for aging skin when you need something that does it all. Its specially-formulated blend of ingredients fights the five main effects of aging on your face and neck: discoloration, sagging, dryness, dull tone, and wrinkles. The small bottle is middle-of-the-road priced at around $16, and it is commonly found in higher-end drugstores. The 5-in-1 Daily Moisturizer also contains SPF 30, so you’re always protected against harmful elements.
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15
- 4-ounce bottle of facial moisturizer
- Helps even skin tone and texture to reveal naturally radiant skin
- For all skin types
If you have sensitive skin, it can be hard to find the best moisturizer for aging skin. Aveeno creates mild beauty products that can be used on all types of skin. This Daily Facial Moisturizer can easily be found along with all other Aveeno products in most drugstores for $5-$10. It is made mostly of a Soy Complex formula that helps even out your skin tone, keep hydration at a maximum, and help reveal your natural, youthful radiance. It contains a broad spectrum SPF 15 to help prevent effects caused by the sun. This oil-free, hypoallergenic moisturizer is safe to use multiple times a day.
6. Fresh Sugar Acai Age-Delay Body Cream
Sometimes it can be worth it to invest in something a little more powerful than drugstore-brand products. With that usually comes a larger price tag, but this body cream by Fresh is worth every bit of the $100-tag. The butter-soft formula lasts longer than you would expect. It offers professional-level moisturization that has proven results in improving firmness and smoothness of skin over the entire body. The Age-Delay Body Cream contains high-quality antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids to stimulate cell-renewal and gently remove dry, aging skin.
7. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Visible Wrinkle Results Start Day 1
- Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Face Moisturizer has a Moisture-Binding Formula which Instantly...
- Anti-Aging Moisturizer Formula Penetrates Deep Into Skin's Surface, Improving Texture &...
Olay makes some of the most popular beauty products and the company specializes in anti-aging. If you’re looking for a strong formula that can give you instant results on your face, this could be the best moisturizer for aging skin for you. The Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream visibly plumps and lifts the surface cells of your face, making fine lines and wrinkles disappear starting on day-one of use. For a little over $20, the fragrance-free cream locks moisture in and improves elasticity over time. The formula includes amino-peptide complex II, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin B3, so it’s strong enough for moderate- to severe-lines.
8. Curel Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer
- Activated by water on freshly-showered skin to deely penetrate into the skin's surface and...
- Skin feels 3 times more hydrated with daily use
- Completely greaseless and immediately absorbs so you can towel dry as normal
Dermatologists claim that putting lotion on right after you’ve showered is the best way to lock in moisture. This is when your skin is more-able to absorb moisture. Curel is a well-known brand, and the Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer is designed to be applied all over the freshly-showered skin. It penetrates the skin very deeply to not only heal dry skin but immediately repair the dry, dull-tone related to aging. Pro-vitamins, shea butter, and eucalyptus create this fragrance-free moisturizer that can be used on all skin-types, on any part of the body. Furthermore, this is a budget-friendly miracle worker can be found for around $10.
You cannot stop aging, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with all that goes with it. The best moisturizer for aging skin will depend on what your unique skin needs. Do you need protection from the sun, a hypoallergenic formula, moisture for the entire body, or something professional-grade? The moisturizers you’ve seen on this list are uniquely formulated to provide your skin with what it needs to regain its youthful glow and help stop the effects of aging.
Which moisturizer is your favorite?