One the newest technologies to hit the mainstream beauty industry in recent years are microdermabrasion machines. What at one time could only be done in a dermatologist’s office can now be done in the comfort of your own home as an alternative to cosmetic surgery. It is a skin resurfacing technique designed to remove the top layer of the skin. Left in its place is smooth, fresh, glowing skin. Different machines work in different ways so to ensure you’re getting the right one for your situation, reviewing what’s available prior to purchasing is advantageous.
1. Kendal HB-SF02
The best at home microdermabrasion machine was found to be the Kendal HB-SF02. It had the strongest suction power of any machine or system currently on the market. As a non-surgical skin resurfacing device, the diamond-tipped heads scrub and peel dead cells from the surface of the skin then suction them away.
The machine’s casing is made of metal which makes it extremely durable as are the diamond-tipped wands. The only side note is that the filters need to be changed every 2-3 uses or you risk a reduction in suction. The oil filter serves as a secondary apparatus to protect the machine from clogs.
- 2 Wands.
- 9 Diamond Tips (3 large, 3 medium and 3 small).
- (240) 12mm Cotton Filters.
- Max 28 in/Hg Suction Power (the strongest on the market).
- 2-Cylindical Oil Filters to Prevent Clogging.
- The most powerful and cost effective.
2. Microderm MD Microdermabration System
Microderm MD professional-grade diamond tip machine earned its place on the best at-home microdermabrasion machine list with powerful suction and easier cleaning procedures. One unique feature is that the diamond tips are actually made from genuine diamonds, unlike the synthetic ones on other machines, so they last longer. Another unusual characteristic is the infusion tip which actually helps to push skin care products beneath the skin’s surface making them much more effective.
- 1 Wand.
- 1 Diamond Tip.
- 100 Filters.
- Max 22 in/Hg Suction Power.
- 1 Blackhead Extraction Tip and 1 Infusion Tip.
- The most user-friendly with the best warranty.
3. New Spa Home Microdermabrasion Machine
New Spa Home is one of the few options that uses a diamond tip rather than diamond crystal tip. That means it is more efficient when it comes to gently sloughing off dead skin and vacuuming them away. Additionally, you don’t need to handle the messy crystals. That along with the low price is a key reason is it qualified in the best home microdermabrasion machine category.
The downside is that the equipment is heavier than many of the other options (9 lbs.) but is made of quality materials and all parts stay in the case during use making it easier to handle. The machine also comes with free samples of Organic Sulphate facial cleanser (for before treatment use) and DMAE Total Restore Serum (for after treatment care) to ensure your first few sessions generate amazing results.
- 2 Wands
- 9 Diamond Tips (3 large, 3 medium and 3 small).
- (50) 10mm Filters.
- (50) 16mm Filters.
- Max 16 in/Hg Suction Power.
- The most cost effective for new users.
4. RejuvadermMD by Trophy Skin
When it comes to hand-held devices, RejuvadermMD ranks at the top of the list when it comes to the best at home microdermabrasion machine available. Since the suction power is almost equal to that of the larger units previously mentioned, it is a more effective system than other options on the market. It gently exfoliates the outer layer of the skin while sucking dead skin cells and dirt away. The comfort grip and ergonomic design also allow for easy use.
- Diamond Tip.
- Body, Blackhead Extraction and Infusion Tips.
- 50 Filters.
- Works on 110v and 240v systems.
- 22.14 in/Hg of Suction Power.
- 4 Levels of Suction.
- The most lightweight and portable stationary machine.
5. Zeny 3-in-1 Diamond Microdermabrasion/Dermabrasion Machine
The Zeny 3-in-1 qualifies as a professional grade microdermabrasion machine and has received many positive reviews by professionals in the beauty industry. It is one of the few professional grade machines that’s available for home use.
Although it’s super easy to use, the manufacturer instructions are inadequate when it comes to how to assemble it. Fortunately, YouTube and many other internet sites have supplemented the information that’s lacking. With its new competitive price, it has earned a solid standing as a best at home microdermabrasion machine.
- 3 Built-in Functions Including Diamond Microdermabrasion Therapy, Vacuum Therapy and Spray Function.
- 3 Aluminum Wands.
- 9 Diamond Tips.
- 21.65 in/Hg of Suction Power.
- Works on 110v.
- The most recommended by skincare professionals.
6. MiniMD Handheld Microdermabrasion Device by Trophy Skin
Consumers reported amazing results after just a few uses with the MiniMD, although it takes more treatments for acne scars and dark spots to begin to fade. It is the smallest device in the MD family and is extremely affordable. It’s the perfect option for first time users and provides the opportunity to purchase additional tips as you become more familiar with the equipment. Treatments only take about 5 minutes and it’s safe to use on all skin types qualifying it for the best at home microdermabrasion machine list.
- Lightweight, Portable Hand-held Machine.
- 110-240v Power Adapter.
- 2 Levels of Suction (High and Low).
- 100% Crystal Free Diamond Tip Exfoliation.
- Max 16.5 in/Hg Suction Power.
- The most effective at reducing acne scars and dark spots.
7. The Appolus Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine
The Appolus diamond microdermabrasion machine is new to the market but is showing great success and popularity. In fact, it’s currently sold out and there is uncertainty when it will be available again. It’s battery operated, which means it has less power than those that are plugged in. However, it’s more convenient than many other options.
It’s also one of the only options found that is crystal and filter free as well as waterproof. After charging for 8-10 hours, you’ll have 45 minutes of use to complete your treatment. With 4 different tips included so you can use it for more than just the face, it’s earned it’s spot on the best at home microdermabrasion machine list.
- 4 Crystal Free Diamond Tips.
- Battery Operated.
- Max 17.5 in/Hg Suction Power.
- High/Low Settings.
- Easy to Clean.
- The best travel microdermabrasion machine.
When it comes to finding the best at home microdermabrasion machine for you, there are many manufacturers and products to choose from. You want results and whatever machine you select should produce the desired outcome. You should remember, however, that results are not immediate but take time and consistency with treatments. In the end, taking the time to select the right equipment is worth it.